• Acute and Chronic Gastroenteritis
• Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency
• Small and Large Bowel Diarrhea
• Antibiotic Responsive Diarrhea (ARD)
• Dietary Indiscretion
• Short Bowel Syndrome
MAY ALSO BE PRESCRIBED TO NUTRITIONALLY MANAGE:
• Recovery Conditions
– Intestinal Surgery
– Severe Parasitism
– Gastric Dilatation Volvulus
• Growth • Reproduction • Lactation
• MOS (mannanoligosaccharides) - binds potentially pathogenic bacteria preventing them from adhering to the intestinal wall and excreting them safely with the faeces*
• Beet pulp - a moderately fermentable fibre that produces butyrate, a short chain fatty acid (SCFA), which is a preferential energy source for the enterocytes and promotes intestinal health. helps regain optimal stool consistency.
• FOS (fructooligosaccharides) - prebiotics which aid in GI health and have been shown in a clinical study to help maintain the balance between beneficial and potentially pathogenic bacteria
• Low fat levels - decrease the workload of the pancreas and help digestive function that can be compromised by Gi issues. Help minimise steatorrhea.
• Targeted omega-6: omega-3 fatty acid ratio - helps nutritionally manage inflammation at the cellular level
*Demonstrated in vivo with species other than dog and cat.
NUTRIENTS TO HELP MANAGE OVERALL HEALTH AND WELL-BEING
• Vitamin E - an antioxidant to help maintain a strong immune system
• DentalCare System* - to help reduce tartar build-up across the whole mouth during and beyond mealtime
• High quality animal-based protein - aids in recovery and overall health and well-being